Saturday 11 July 2009

Motorbikes, Ex's and mash potato.

So wednesday night was Barton Bike night, a town extravaganza, or so it's made out to be. Pretty anti-climatic to be quite honest. Yes there where hundreds of pretty sexy bikes (and some very normal ones which make you wonder why people brought them in the first place) and the town was packed, litterally, but there wasn't very much going down. We walked about, looked at the bikes, got ID's to go into a pub to buy cider in a plastic cup and ate a burger from one of those heart-attack-in-a-bun vans and that was it. At 8 people started leaving on their beasts and eventually everything died. Makes you wonder why people put so much effort into planning events that end up really lame, and do it every single year.
I did however see my ex. Now that was interesting. With a thing on his arm that can only be described as being as plain as a sheet of fresh paper. Mummy approved it would seem. He hasn't change much in the almost two years since i was with him, and quite frankly i have no idea what i saw in him in the first place. He also either didn't actually notice me at all or chose to blank my existence entirely... either way even after making up i didn't even get a friendly nod. Whatever.

Everyone appears to be following lead and creating blogs, which i guess is good. Its a nice way to keep up to date with far off friends and take your mind off of your life currently, especially when like mine it's pretty slow running. It makes me realise however that my life is pretty mediocre. My day today has consisted of waking up, giving my brother my old phone, having sex, cooking rice, playing xbox and then cooking bangers and mash. We made WAY too much mash thought, like enought to feed a small country for an entire millenium. See, pretty medicre. Again a result of the money thing. I need a get rich quick scheme.. any ideas? Hit me up. HA!

We went to hull yesterday to do a bit of shopping. Again with the money thing, couldnt really buy much. For lunch we went to my favourite caffe in the city - Mcoys, only to be sorely dissapointed with the service, the fact that the revised menue means that they no longer serve paninis (and i was looking forwards to my turkey, cranberry and brie panini), the price is extortionate and they serve real crisps with their food now instead of the healther and much tastier vegatable chrisps. All in all i think it's safe to say that i am NOT wasting money in Mcoys from now on. Pizza Hut is a better bet.

On a last and more philosophical note : it has occured to me that no matter how hard you try you cannot please everyone in your life, even if your goals are very similar, and in trying to do so you make yourself unhappy and begin to doubt who you are. I have decided i am going to try and take steps to stop this happening, and make my main aim making me happy first. Without yourself being happy how are you supposed to make the ones you care about feel the same, when your heart clearly isn't in it. So, im going to stop living up to stereotypes and do what i like, write what i like, and be who i truely am. And if this means quitting certain groups which i am a member of than so be it. After years of hard work it seems that it doesnt make a single bit of difference if one view conflicts with what is considered the norm, wheter it be the way you voice your oppinions on certain people or the post code lottery to which political side youre alowed to side with.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the part about making yourself happy first, before you can make anyone else happy
    :)
    It's a thought I should put more effort into, me thinks
    xxx

    ReplyDelete